What is the maturity rating on marketplace & how can I change mine ?

IvaDulo Proto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HI

I have had my SL for over 7 years now & have spent a small fortune here !!! today while shopping on the marketplace, I kept encountering a notification that my rating was General, and That I could not see the item ??? This very strange because in all these years & being a premium member at PayPal, adult !!! I cant firguire out what this issue is, that I cant even see something that is considertae moderate when On my viewer it is stated that I can visit all G,M, A, ? can you answer this TY

2 answers to this question

Certainly.  Your maturity rating for travel in world is different from your rating in Search or in Marketplace, because some people want to be able to go to Adult regions but not buy Adult items in Marketplace.  You'll have to set your Marketplace preference with the pulldown menu at the top/center of the Marketplace screen.  If that does not work for some reason, try clearing your browser's cache and rebooting.  If you still have problems, submit a support case.

• Like 2

I will add a small point to Rolig's answer!  Even if you have set your Maturity preferences in the Marketplace, if you are not signed in when you visit the Marketplace, you will be restricted to viewing General items.  Check the upper right corner to make sure you're signed in with your account name and password!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3355 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.