My question is regarding the home you receive with a premium account.

PhoeniXianSA

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My question is regarding the home you receive with a premium account.

Is it possible to give someone full access to the house if they are not a premium meber. For example. I have a partner in SL who is not a premium member. But I would like her to live with me and be able to buy things for inside the house and be able to move things around.

Secondly. Is there a standard security system with the house that allows me to be able to only allow acces to certain people or is this purchased additionally?

Lastly. Regarding the 117 prims. If you reach this limit. Does it stop you from adding on to that ot does it continue and accure extra charges.

Regards.

3 answers to this question

Let's do the questions in order:

1. Yes, it's quite possible.  All you need to do is create a group and invite your partner to join it.  I'd suggest using an Officer role, not a co-Owner.  Then stand in your home and select World >>> About Land >>> General. Set (not deed) the land to your new group.  Then, finally, open the Options tab in About Land and check the boxes that allow group members to create objects and bring objects into your parcel.

2. No, your Linden Home does not have a security system. If you really think that it needs one, you can buy one in the Marketplace.  Be very careful, though, to be sure that it does not affect your neighbors.  They will get very annoyed if you do. In fact, many people get very annoyed with security systems anyway, and they are largely unnecessary.  After all, nobody can steal your stuff in SL and it doesn't make any difference who visits when you aren't there.  If you are there, you can just tell unwanted visitors to leave, or eject them if necessary.

3. Nope.  You cannot increase your prim limit.  All across SL, the prim limit for a parcel is in direct proportion to its land area.  If you want to use more prims, abandon your Linden Home and move to a larger parcel.  You cannot buy more land to increase your Linden Home's parcel.

Read more at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Linden-Homes/ta-p/700103

and http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Premium-membership/ta-p/1054477

• Like 3

In reverse order:

- Once you have rezzed objects with a total land impact (LI) of 117, no further objects can be rezzed and you'll get a "parcel is full" message.

- There is no standard security system, but you can add your own.  Plus, you can make use of the standard parcel security measures in World/Parcel Details.  This includes restricting your visibility and local chat visibility to your Linden Home parcel (a check box in the Options tab) and limiting entry to only members of a designated group, or only those whom you specifically put on an access list (Access tab.)

- You can create a group, and then Set the land to group in the General tab.  When you create a group, you should also create an alternate account for yourself, an "alt" and then invite your alt to the group.  Groups must have at least two members, or they are automatically disbanded by LL after 48 hours.  Don't rely on your friends, and never assign a friend to the Owner role, because that can never be undone.  Once the land is set to group, also go into the Options tab and set rez permissions to group too.

EDIT:  Drat, Rolig beat me again.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3675 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.