How do people get on my friends list if I did not add them nor was promted to?

LavaKaBoom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Also I got a big huge block of code when I clicked on thier profile It also had my user name in it, I could post it here but I dont know if its alive scripts or what. An object also showed up right where I rez at my home, a rental sky box. Its a phat green azz applier that is set to click to apply so I probly cant click to return.

5 answers to this question

The first part of the question... I have never heard about such a case, so I can't say anythimg about. Are they also listed in your Inventory - Calling Cards or only the people button at your profile?

If you mean the pic shown as your profile pic, nope, its nothing dangerous about, its just some html that appears if the opening of a profile has a timeout or other issues for some reason. You also might have gotten a small message in the profile with a yellowish background

• Like 2

They were on my friends list I only have 3 people on it. I never thought to check for the note card. I did defriend and IM an off-line to let me know something I don't about this! The script in their profile was huge not that little yellow one a ongoing one with my actual name in it. it was pink and another like page was behind it. idk what that is but under the circumstances i thought i should grab it.

There are 3 places, where you have a "friendlist". At first, the people button in your viewer. 2nd the Inventory, folder calling cards (not notecards) and 3rd at your webprofile is also a "people" button at the left hand of the window, its the 3rd button from top. The 1st and 3rd are kinda connected, they should get updated as soon you delete an entry. The calling cards will stay till you delete them manually. I saw the pink in the profile pic. A timeout or some other error while accessing the profile. Nothing to worry about. For today are also updates for the servers are running, so it might be a bit more lag than usual for you (http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2014/08/26/post2346/). My advise for now: Take a deep breath, keep calm and wait. After the restarts are done it should settle again. If you still have issues with some "unwanted guests" you might need to file a support case or a JIRA with your issues (last time LL said to file an Jira for mixed up profiles).

• Like 1

I finally think I understand what you mean, Lava.  Don't worry about it.  The person is NOT on your friends list.  The person is following your profile.  It's that annoying facebooky thing you can activate so people can post photos and silly comments to let you know what they are doing.  If you don't want it, kill it.  I did. 

Open your profile and click the Settings button and then the Privacy tab.  You can adjust all sorts of privacy settings, including one that you can set so that NOBODY can post to your page and only your friends can follow you. Then, go back and click the People button and the tab for followers.  Go down that list and delete or deactivate anyone that you don't want following you.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.