Skin Appliers

VindictiveKarma

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok i hope i make sense when i ask this, i have several nice skins that work fine with my maitreya body and leluka head but some skins that i have bought only have the skins for the old regular avatars. Is there a hud or something that would make them work with the mesh bodies? I mean like if i have a belezza skin i really like and want to use it on my matr body is htere some way to do this or am i just sol till they make an applier for them?

You have to have an applier. Fortunately, unless the skin maker changes their tones, once you buy an applier, you're set. You won't have to buy it again. Most skins, the difference is in the head texture. From the neck down, it's the same texture and body appliers are from the neck down.

The short answer is no. However, you can go to your favorite skin shops to see if they have appliers for Maitreya & Lelutka. If they don't, request they make them. If they get enough requests, they'll probably make appliers for the most common mesh bodies. Mesh heads are more difficult to make skins for, but some skin designers will make appliers for Lelutka or other common mesh heads.

Making stuff to sell is all about the time it takes vs. the amount of sales the creator might make. The more popular a mesh body or head is, the more likely creators will make things for them. In turn, the more stuff is made for them, the more popular they become for potential buyers.

One option that creators & product owners like is when a mesh body or head is Omega applier compatible. Omega appliers can apply textures to several different brands of bodies or heads, but you'll still have to make sure your product is omega compatible & then buy the appropriate Omega applier. They're pretty inexpensive & increase the amount of applier clothing, skins & tattoos you can wear with a several mesh bodies, including Maitreya Lara.

• 8 months later...

Hi,
We are 5 months later.
Why not talk about Omega free appliers (available on MP)
You put your skin textures UUID in the dedicated applier script fields, move the two scripts in a prim and attach that prim as a HUD. Attach the omega relay specific for your type of mesh body (except TONIC body which is Omega and slink integrated)
Click the prim, choose the category of appliers (tatoo, underware, clothing) and that's it!
Do that for any skin textures you ow, you can even design a multi skins applier by grouping all your appliers afterwards and limit the attachment spots used and inventory searches.
Make it sexy , add a reduction button or an exit button and you are now a "pro".

There is a free developer kit. Just fair warning about moving the scripts from the prim they are in. The script is location sensitive..ie, what layer is applied is dependent on where on the hud you click. Soooo, usually best to use the provided prim unless you know exactly what you're doing and test to be sure what you are making goes where it's supposed to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.