Editing texture from an avatar I bought?

lucagrabacr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, a few weeks ago I bought a complete avatar. Everything in the package are copy and mod items, they are only not transferable.

A few days ago, I tried to make the clothes darker, but the base colour of the clothes are white, and the colour came from their texture. And if I changed the base colour to black, the clothes' patterns which came with the texture are covered in black and they can't be seen anymore.

Are there any ways I could edit the textures? Thank you in advance :)

you can only add color to a texture,if it was in a gray scale it would be designed to add some amount of color but it will always darken t he textures.When people say Mod they mean you can change the length of the sleeves,pants the detail prims are normal mod so you can adjust it if needed to size ,but it is not designed for you to be able to just add color to a clothing texture and it will tint the base color but not the details just adds color to the over all texture.

As you found out, you can't tint with true black or the details of the texture are lost.  You can use grey though, making it progressively darker until your satisfied with the balance of darkness vs. texture detail.  Your only other choice if you want black is to make a custom texture for it using an outside program such as photoshop or gimp. But even then you'll find that a black texture can't be true black and show details. If you look at clothing that is black you'll note that the shadows in the texture are the only true black and the details are shades of grey  Highlights are sometimes even white on textures such as leather. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.