Complexity problems

SamsonMcgarrett

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure this question gets asked a lot, but here goes. 

Not to long ago, I invested in a pretty nice male avatar from Egoisme. 

The body isn't even mesh, but the head is and that's where I believe my problem is. Ever since the concept of a 'jelly doll' has become widespread in Second life, I have been told quite often that I am indeed in that state. If I'm naked (without genitals) I'm just under most users complexity threshold. With clothes on, I'm often over. If I'm naked and I attach genitals, once again I am in jelly form.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/EVIAN-ELIA-MESH-HEAD-Close-Mouth/6212810

Needless to say, I'm dissappointed that I may have to scrap this entire avi, but I will if I have to. So my question is two fold:

1. Is there a way to salvage this avi, somehow reducing it's complexity. 

2. If not, does anyone know of a low complexity, but nice looking avi for a man. I looked at full mesh avatars a while ago and was disappointed with what was available for men. If there have been any advances, I don't know about it. So a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate your help!

a few things:

1) you can only get yout ARC down by wearing less "heavy" items, clothes, bodyparts,hair, jewelry...there is no way for you to get those items lower if the creator didn't do that. Have a look at your hair ánd jewelry... that's often the real load.

2) there are a few quite nice male bodies out there, as slink and signature, and some nice bento heads. I wear Sign. with mesh heads and all other parts, and my ARC is between 150.000 and 225.000 mostly. When i skip my necklace, piercings and a few more decorative things i'm often going down to 100.000 ..

3) ever wondered if those who don't see you have their settings too low?... the standard in the LL viewer was absurdly low, not sure it's still the same. A more or less normal ARC setting these days is between 150.000 and 300.000 and it is quite easy to keep your load beteeen that.

You also can ask your friends to make a exception for you/friends ( as many do) and render you.

Yikes! The demo for that head adds 194000 to my avatar complexity, that's fairly high all by itself. It doesn't leave a lot of room to wear much else without going all jelly time to at least some. From the description, it seems to be made to match a regular skin, that you might already have. The quick fix to salvaging this avatar might be as straghtforward as removing the mesh head and any alpha that came with it, and using the system head for now. You can always save the mesh head for photos, I guess!

you can quite well live without the mesh head, the skin and shape that's delivered with it make also  quite nice look. Of course not the same but close enough to the mesh head in my opinion ( i have the full pack )

for close up pics indeed use the mesh, at a few meters distance you will hardly notice big differences.

The origin of this design is before the mesh got a hype, ánd looooong before the ARC even was a issue. It was great, nice, and good but the modern mesh like slink and gianni are a lot friendlier in desgn.

The creator of this head has a mesh body in development for very long time now, even stating it will be released in a few weeks, but that message is there over a year...

No matter what you do, you'll still be a jelly doll to me. I have my complexity set to 20,000, and only about 1 in a 100 avatars is below that. I only render friends and people i'm interacting with. so if you said hi to me in a club, I'd render you, otherwise you'll just be another jelly. 

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.