Child Avatar Freebies?

HeavensDew

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm new to SL and looking to create a child avatar to recreate an old favorite roleplay character. I was hoping someone could tell me where I could find some free items (shape, clothes, hair, skins) other than in the market and also looking for recomendations on some good child-ava-firendly worlds (nothing above PG-13). :matte-motes-grin:

You can find some nice free shapes in the 1920's Berlin sim, in the store to the left of the train station at the landing point. They also have some good 1920's style hair and clothes for kids. The Berlin sim is very kid friendly, if you want to do 1920's Germany roleplay (Weimar republic era, before the Nazi's came to power - a rather intriguing time period).

Look in the Livingtree sim, and I believe they also have some good kid freebies, as well as having some very affordable kids skins and clothes. One nice thing with Robin's skins at Livingtree is that she makes both child and adult skins that are similar enough for you to ba able to have your child "grow up" later, without radically changing your appearance. The adult skins have makeup options, and a choice of graphic detailing, and the kid skins have either painted on panries, or "barbie doll" blankness in the sexual areas, for safe child skin designs.

Join the SLKids group and anything to do with 50 Linden Fridays or 60 Linden Weekends, then hop around the shops that post notices. Many of the shops that create skins, shapes and clothes for child avatars also have 'lucky chairs' or 'midnight madness' boards where you can get quality products for free. I've had a child avatar since '08 and have almost never had to buy the clothes and shoes I wear. Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4522 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.