Raksen Nightfire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm having trouble consistently logging in to Second Life.  The login takes about twice as long as it should, and once everything finally gets loaded, I'm floating in an underwater void with nothing around me, and my avatar is invisible.  It says I'm in the sim I was last in or chose to log into, with the coordinates 10,10,10, but I can't move, access anything, or teleport, and eventually it logs me out as if I had disconnected.  Occasionally I'll manage to log in fine, and some other times I'll log in with most of my friends list glitched with names saying ???, but the majority of the time I try to log in this happens.

I've been able to consistently log on with my other computer (albeit voice won't work) which is on the same wireless network, so I know it has to be something with the computer I'm using.  I've set up my firewall to allow both the viewer and SLVoice through, and even tried logging in without a firewall active to the same effect.  Would anyone know the issue?

Also, I had just recently wiped my computer, and I haven't had these issues before the wipe, but I'm not sure what settings would be different that would cause this to happen.

EDIT:  I've noticed that if I close Firefox and/or Skype (which I usually have running when I'm logging in)  It seems to have a better chance at logging in successfully.  Also, as per request, here are my specs:

Phoenix Viewer 1.5.2 (1102) May 14 2011 18:19:22 (Phoenix Viewer Release)
Release Notes

Built with MSVC version 1400 (LAA)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU X7900  @ 2.80GHz (2792.2 MHz)
Memory: 3070 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce 8700M GT/PCI/SSE2
Windows Graphics Driver Version: 6.14.0012.6658
OpenGL Version: 3.3.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.20.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8j zlib/1.2.3
J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.4.0.697, Runtime: 1.4.0
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1

7 answers to this question

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4592 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.