Logging In and Landing Underwater at (10,10,10)

Black Orchicz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Logging In and Landing Underwater at (10,10,10) http://wiki.secondlife.com/w/index.php?title=Technic

I am very worried with the problem I'm having, the title of this question is the summary of what happens to me, the solution that does not help me at all, and more I look, I see no solution, someone please help me.
Appears to be an operating system problem.
Everything would you do as log in another sim, change the viewer, manually delete cache ... etc ... I've done.

My account is clean, I spoke with Linden Lab, but they said they could not help and had to wait for an answer to my ticket, they  confirmed that my account had no insues, but if it was not premium they could'nt give me more assistance.
in windows obviously my account works perfectly and I have checked.

imac intel core i7 2.93 GHz ATI Radeon HD 5750

thanks in advance

imac intel core i7 2.93 GHz ATI Radeon HD 5750

13 answers to this question

I`ve had that too and its not actually underwater, you are not really logged in. Just a blank blue screen, no parcel name and 10,10,10 coords.

My crappy lappy gets that a lot and if I keep trying I eventually get in, maybe once in every 10 attempts. It has never happened on my desktop so I assumed it was just because the lappy is terrible anyway.

Try this.....

You can specify a login location as a parameter on the command line that invokes your second life client on startup.  To do this, find your second life viewer's shortcut icon on your computer (probably on the desktop). Right click and select Properties >> Shortcut.   On the line that says "Target", add the following text ... "--url <SLurl> " (without the quote marks). Instead of <SLurl>, substitute a SLURL for the specific location where you want to be when you log in.  That should have the same effect as specifying a target region on your login screen, but it will be more specific because it also says exactly where you want to rez on that sim.

I can't guarantee that this will work for you, but it's worth a shot.  If it doesn't work, just remove the --url <SLurl>  stuff and we'll try something else.

Good thinking Rolig. I can give you more info from when it happened to me if it helps, no matter what sim I started on I was always at 10,10,10 and couldn`t move. Apart from the totally blue screen you do "appear" to be logged in, so you have inventory etc but no avatar. If you actually try to do anything to your avatar you get the message something like "you have to be logged in to perform this action". Thats why I mentioned about that you aren`t actually logged in.

Its well weird lol

exactly peewee... but my friends saw me online, they told me... i tried all the tricks i lear in this years of second life... rolig, i tried what you sugest me many times, but the same, wy in my other computer works, (windows) and no here, with a marvellous computer??? i really want know wy??? x(((

I've been having the same problems on 3 different laptops since May 2010. Clearing cache before each login used to work, but does not any longer. A complete uninstall is the only thing that is working for me now (including deleting all Second Life directories on my laptop. (Each of the problem systems has been running 64-bit win 7. The graphics cards are NVidia 9500, and ATI Radian Mobility 5850. Two systems were i7's and one was a core duo 2. I have tried everything listed repeatedly for the past year. The problem did not exiust in Phoenix until the last couple of months.

I have had this problem a lot lately,and it is taking me TWO HOURS every time, to get in. Brand new laptop, Lenovo G505, good specs, no reason for it to be doing this and it is getting really annoying, EVERY VIEWER does it, no matter which one i use, and i have a few friends with this problem, there needs to be a SOLID solution to this, not a blong link, that tells me nothing i have not already tried.. This problem has only been happening since around October of 2014.

PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!

-Kitalah Resident

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.