Crash logger keeps appearing?

SugarSophie Vasser

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, yesterday Sl crashed on my computer while I was away. Whenever I would try to log back on, the load wouldn't go past the Initializing part. I followed what some other people did by clearing my cache manually and restarting. After several attempt to log in, I got logged in. I crashed a few hours later. I tried to log back in but couldn't. I cleared the cache again. Since I cleared the cache, the settings were all out of whack. They were set to Basic. I changed it to Advanced, quit the game, and restarted. Now the only thing that comes up when I click on sl is the crash logger. The crash logger comes up EVERY time and I can't get past it. HELP!!!

7 answers to this question

Here's LL's best advice.....

If Second Life crashes during the loading process, you may be using an uncommon combination of settings that we were unable to test during our quality assurance process. This problem is more common in beta and Project Viewers than in released Viewers.

To restore your default settings without reinstalling Second Life, move all of your existing settings files to a different, temporary directory. Next time Second Life starts, it will create a new, default set of settings files. Get help finding your user settings.

If restoring your default settings fixes your problem, please file a bug report in the Public Issue Tracker and attach your original settings files (the ones you saved in a temporary directory) so we can analyze them and solve the problem for future Residents.

If this still doesn't solve your problem, some bad cache files might be causing the crash logger itself to crash. Try clearing out your cache files, uninstalling Second Life, and reinstalling.

• Like 1

I am having this same problem. I was logged on yeterday afternoon then logged off for a few hours. When I tried to log back on it did an update and ever since, I cannot get past log-in screen. I have uninstalled and installed the viewer with no success. I have found no cache. I get nothing when I CTRL + P. When I try signing o from a different pc I CAN sign on, but that pc is too slow to run SL.

Hi, well I dont have the answer but I got the same problems

First to all sorry my english. Well .. what crash do :

*viewer begins to load *viewer freeze * viewer stop with a beautiful black screen * cpu auto restart

--------------------

my computer its a core 2 e7500 / 2.93 ghz // ram 2 gb // video nvidia 6200 512mb agp 8x

what I do : check almost all drivers for my video card : failed

check all official SL viewers avaibles , includes beta and 1.2 : failed

check all non official viewers supported : failed

format the entire cpu, run mem tests, hard drive tests, and all about hardware : failed

deactive all security like firewalls, antivirus etx -Im not behind routers- : failed

create new commands on reg to try to give more time to connect and stability : failed

-------------------------

reading some forums outside this one, lot of ppl got the same problem also reading forums on strange lenguage using translators... dont take wrong my words but "all post I read here about this several issue dont bring any solutions "

so, like I was saying another forums got an indea about the wrong and isnt exactly the answers I read from Linden Labs, they think the problem its based on nvidia drivers and others video cards *not alls* and its an opengl problem between video card and SL, so Im a SL user, i like Sl like all of you, but please If someone from LL read this.. back to the anterior settings, cos this one got a several bug and lot of ppl keep outside for many countrys... every day LL try new codes etc over SL grid , well this one failed.. I really wants enjoy my SL like i do since 2007, Im pretty sure this isnt a viewer probloblem or "ugrade ur drivers " or do that or this.. just need the good guys put  again an stable SL grid for alls

thanks. Paidos Mcminnar & too much users for put name by name, we hope this problem be solved soon

I find a solution for my problem... well maybe sounds weird but I dissarm the whole machine and clean part to part.. add new siliconated grease to disipadors.. etc etc.. clean up all socals.. when I finnish and resamblit .. magic.. sl works again .. how ppl say in my country " problema de suciedad"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4524 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.