01-24-2012 10:16 PM
I am using the Firestorm viewer and I am having an issue with tping unworldly. I was already logged in my sl viewer and was looking on marketplace for some clothes and saw this store I wanted to view unworldly. I tried to tap there but it tried to open up another viewer. I tried to do it again and it did the same thing so I xed out of the current viewer to see if that was the problem but it still kept happening. When I would try to login the viewer that kept poping up it would just take me home. I tried to tap unworldly from a different place and it did the same thing. I could tap unworldly a few days ago so I am not sure why I can not to day.
01-25-2012 03:59 PM
The SLURL thing opening the wrong viewer is an aspect of Windows and your browsers. We first ran into the problem back in the days of the Emerald Viewer. There is a tech fix here: Emerald Viewer vs SLURL. There are easier fixes if you are not all that geeky.
In general the last viewer installed will be the viewer your SLURL's try to open. So, the easy fix is to reinstall the viewer you want to handle SLURL's so it is the last installed.
What is happening is the 'protocol' for a URL of the type of secondlife:\\ is being set by the last install to use the last viewer installed. Some TPV's allow you to chose whether that happens or not. You can also set the browser to use a specific program for a given protocol.
The Emerald fix tells all browsers to use the same viewer unless they are specifically set to use another viewer. But, this Emerald fix can be over written by a new viewer install. The browser by browser fix sort of armor's you against changes when new viewers are installed. But, you have to lookup how to change the protocol in your browser.
I'm not a Linden. You can tell because I change my clothes more than twice a year...
01-25-2012 05:59 PM
If you use Firefox, go to Options->Applications. scroll down until you see Second Life under the Content Type column. To the right of it select whichever client you prefer. In my case the official client was the default, once I changed it to Firestomr it has been working, no issues.