Concerned Someone is logging into my account.

Jiraiya Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After i had grief from some french people.
And i told them back how ridicilious their behavior was.
They went all "F u" "this and that" "Were gonna kill you etc".

I noticed the next day when i did "edit listing" in my "viewer marketplace" inside the viewer.
When my browser popped up when i clicked ok to open externally. i kept going to a french version of my page.
Normally i never get this.

Questions pop up:
- Did they manage to login to my account making the automatic region detection set my account language to french?
- Is there some type of new exploit to easily get into someone's account. (since my password is pretty secure so i doubt Brute-Force) (And also i dont fall for phishing unless ofcourse in the case of a DNS virus)
- Does Linden lab Keep track of foreign or different logins both (Viewer) and (Web-Based)
- if they Do, then do they give you a printout or information about foreign logins?

The problem went away after a relog. But that still does not explain what happened.

What are your thoughts?

Important Extra Info:
I have also been getting a constant linden dollar payment popping up from some random french person.
And when i check my transaction history it shows no payments have been made.

It sounds like you clicked a link from someone french to a product on market place. Just click the language button in the top left to toggle back to english.

I doubt you have been hacked, but if you are worried there is no harm in changing your password. That should stop them accessing your account again.

Aethelwine wrote:

It sounds like you clicked a link from someone french to a product on market place. Just click the language button in the top left to toggle back to english.

I doubt you have been hacked, but if you are worried there is no harm in changing your password. That should stop them accessing your account again.

Actually no. it was not that simple.

• I tried changing the language top left
  • created my own links with other language as a url in it.

And that was not the cause. nor did it change anything.

Also. i never changed the language or visited the website in a different language.

Browsers get confused. You don't have to do anything. I've seen mine change to Polish, Spanish, and other languages. It clears up after a time.

You can try changing your language setting in your avatar's dashboard. Set your viewer to use the language you want in place of DEFAULT. That should help with which language you see on the web site.

If you think they hacked your account, change your password. Change it several times at odd times of day. That should secure your account. Each time you change it, notice your last login time. As long as it matches the time YOU last logged in, you should be good. If you see additional logins that were not you, call support and have them help.

If someone were pissed at you, there are far worse things they can do than change your language preference. Don't think you have been hacked just because a language preference on the web site appears to have changed.

===

We are assuming you are using the SL Viewer by Linden Lab. If you use an off brand viewer, make sure it is made by a trustworthy person or group. Some viewers are designed for the purpose of stealing passwords.

It is difficult to hack your account. If you use a griefer viewer or use too simple a password, it is possible. An 8 or more character password is very diffcult to crack.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.