blender 2.58a is released

hibit Spad

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I see that blender 2.58a is out.

I think we must be really getting close to the 2.6 goal since the Blender foundation has been releasing a and b version lately.  

Unfortunately, the dae exporter fix is not listed in the changes.  :(   

Happy creations to all.  :)

• Like 1

The Whole Collada exporter and importer seems to be under heavy development and there is still no finished version available. Parts of the exporter work however, especially static meshes could be exported since a long time, but with rigged meshes there have always been problems...

Regarding static meshes, as far as i have seen, Blender can only export the entire scene, so i am not sure how i should create the 4 levels of detail meshes. I can not upload them all in one file, so do i have to place my 4 LOD meshes in 4 different scenes and export them one by one ?

So up till today I always created my meshes with Blender 2.5 but use 2.49b for export to Collada.

Hi everyone,

The current head of the 2.58.1 Blender SVN has some welcome changes which may not have made it into 2.58a

* Tapple's fix for the Collada armature exporting (bind shape matrix) is now included, however his mod for changing the bone names is commented out as this is a SL uploader issue, not Blender so sadly this bug remains ::  https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/CTS-660

* Export Selected for Collada is turned on and seems to work so far.

If you look for builds later than r38079 WITH Collada on http://www.graphicall.org/  you will get this.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.