Problem with transparency material in blender - triangles distortion

AnnellyStone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys. 

I have been searching for threads for this problem, and there were a few, but none of the answers worked for me. I am not the one to give up so I thought I could give it another try. 

Whenever I try to use transparency on parts of my meshes, I get this triangles distortion. 

I looked on this thread : https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Checkerboard-distortion-about-phong-reflection/td-p/2326219/highlight/true

Unfortunatelly, none of the answers there helped me. The transparent part, I uploaded it as a separate object, and I have applied Solidify modifier on it. Even when I tried to make it two faced by extruding it and assigning two different materials to it, it still gave me the same distortion. Even if I put the lower part of the skirt 50% transparent, it gives me the same result. 

Does anyone have any other suggestions on fixing this? You could also contact me inworld . 

As far as I can see you found the correct thread to solve your problem. BUT there are SEVERAL steps to getting it fixed. It has been awhile but my post is the last on that thread and it does work, Aside from the two different materails (inside and outside) you need to do something odd on upload that most folks never ever do :D.

I would read though that thread again -- especially towards the end. I put up a photo of my success but it did take me all day to get it working. The secret is there I am pretty sure.

Good luck. It definitely is a pain. But it is possible.

• 4 months later...

Prpblem successfully solved. What I say is usually we overlook the stupid simple things that can be the problem lol ! I had my uvs overlapping and that was my only problem . Cause i unwrapped before applying solidify, and after applying it automatically includes those faces as well into the UV. When it kept doing it, i just started applying the solidify before the subsurf and it worked too.

About materials, i had no problems last night, i managed to link 5 objects into 1 all with different materials and it worked , idk why before none of this was working, or I just gained more experience

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.