Flexible tails

Bluehorizon10

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I believe the new Project Bento is meant to expand on that ability so you might want to look into that. LOTS of info via Google. Here's a start: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/Introducing-Project-Bento-New-Bones-Added-to-Second-Life-Avatar/ba-p/2987206

You can script mesh to move (hair is sometimes done like this) but assuming Bento comes to fruition it will make the current technology out of date.

Not my field of expertise, just passing along what I have read :D.

You indeed can script mesh components to get a moving tail like movement. Project Bento is the better solution though the the bones seems to be confirmed by now before it's really in the "final" version it will take still several months. For what I know of it estimations are 5~6 months.

It is possible to animate mesh. It does require use of the avatar skeleton. We have no other type of 'animation armature' in SL.

Bento is not far away. Current guestimates are the Project will advance to release candidate status in the next week or two.

For more information see: 

There is a sort of flip-card animation done with mesh now. A model is made for each frame of an animation. The models are combined and animated by making various models tranparent and visible creating the ikkusion of movement.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2799 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.