05-10-2012 04:03 PM - edited 05-10-2012 04:07 PM
I've read the forums on posts about this already, and nothing has helped. I haven't changed my meshing methods at all, or my collada exporter. I can upload meshes fine, but I have tried this one mesh -several- times but to no avail. Dae parsing error still.
I can't bring up the log, because I'm on OS X, and I can only find instructions on locating them on windows. But I have been having a lot of problems with the exporter over the past few days... a lot of errors stating cannot create inventory asset. I haven't changed a thing, things just seem to have broken. Any help would be appreciated.
I have exported the dae files back into 3DS Max, and they look fine. I don't export textures with my meshes, I apply then in-world after. I have less than 8 groups.
Many thanks in advance.
05-10-2012 04:52 PM
Okay I'll update this myself. Don't know what I did, but 17 tries later, I got my mesh into Second Life. I unchecked 'single matrix' in the dae exporter, and I think that's what it was. It has always been checked, and never thrown a problem. But unchecking that worked. For future reference for anyone else.
I know things are tempremental, but who knows. :/
05-11-2012 12:58 AM
Glad you got it fixed...for what it's worth the logfile should be here:
/Users/[YOUR USERNAME]/Library/Application Support/SecondLife/logs
05-11-2012 02:47 AM
Thank you very much. Relatively new to Mac so don't know where these things are.
05-11-2012 07:35 AM
09-16-2012 11:42 AM - edited 09-16-2012 11:45 AM
Hi, I'm on OS X too. I made a fairly simple structure which uploaded flawlessly to SL. Next I mirrored the structure by scaling it with negative values. Trying to upload was impossible, with error message: DAE parsing error.
I used your trick and unchecked the "singel matrix". Next, lo and behold it uploaded, but alas, it was no longer mirrored, although is was in the 3d application.
I ended up, having to make a new mirrored version, without resorting to negative scaling. I will experiment a bit with these issues and see. Will keep you posted, cheers, Xenos
02-21-2013 03:32 PM
Unchecking single matrix fixed it for me too even though i've had it checked for every mesh model in the past. I think it has something to do with the mirror tool. Someone else reported it failing after they mirrored something using the tool and not the modifier. I have also had issues in the past with games like Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament with using the mirror tool and having it break the export.
11-16-2014 04:01 PM
11-16-2014 08:48 PM
First thing I would check is that you have no special characters, or signs like # in your folders/file path, mesh names.
Use single byte characters only, latin alphabet.
And no spaces in mesh names inside your modeling application, also.