Who to contact to make GM Weapons

hidden Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am a scripter and a mesh builder where I make swords and clothes. I am looking to create weapons for the Gorean combat system and have no idea whom I may contact to do this. If anyone knows who I need to contact I would appreciate it. I contacted a few people but have not heard back yet.

Thank you

There is no collective list of combat meter makers. But, the Marketplace will yield a list of those making combat meters.

Some meters use the bullet/object collision to register damage. Others use an API for ranged weapons and object collision only for melee. 

I doubt any certify weapons for use. But various game makers or game moderators set rules for what weapons can be used in their games. You can find web sites for many of SL's games. They usually have a list of weapons they have approved and the requirements. They often have a staff member that maintains that list and some have a team that tests weapons and OK or disallow their use in their game.

None are the same. But, all are similar. Rate of fire and rounds fired before reload are common limits for most games. Another is in how far an animation can move the avatar. Animation movement does not move the avatar's collision skeleton and thus makes a targeting problem. Watch a dancing avatar and the name tag above it to see this in action.

Good luck.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.