Failed deliveries due to 'User Exception'

Paula001 Goldschein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Forum!

I have about 2 pages of failed deliveries with the status 'user exception'. Last one was end of january.

I couldn't find any help on on wiki.. maybe someone knows what that status means?

To me it seems somehow bad, is that my own ban list for the Marketplace? Or do i get the 'exception' meaning totally wrong?

I have looked at some profiles and most seems like nice and active users, some were from 2007.

I have never seen that message before either but it very much looks like a Java class UserException so I would say that the error you are getting is due to a program glitch. 

ETA: If this is the case, this will finally prove that I have been right all along and that failed deliveries are the result of bad progamming and NOT due to lag on the merchant's land where he/she keeps their Magic Box. 

When I was testing ANS with Brodesky, he ran a few test transactions that he aborted in some fashion. Either he didn't have enough L$ in his account or he did something else to stop it before delivery. The only one I really recall was him not having enough L$.

Are the items expensive, or is it possible that people have put two in their cart and since they don't know how to remove or edit the quantity, they come up short on cash?

@Darrius, AFAIK if you do not have enough lindens for a transaction, you cannot proceed with the transaction, you are asked to buy lindens. Also if you did have enough lindens and you place a transaction, I have never seen a way to cancel it, have you? Maybe the Lindens do have a way to cancel transations but I have never seen a way. I may be wrong. 

George Orellana wrote:

@Darrius, AFAIK if you do not have enough lindens for a transaction, you cannot proceed with the transaction, you are asked to buy lindens. Also if you did have enough lindens and you place a transaction, I have never seen a way to cancel it, have you? Maybe the Lindens do have a way to cancel transations but I have never seen a way. I may be wrong. 

The balance shown in MP is "lagged" a bit due to caching, and it is possible to begin a transaction with an inaccurate L$ balance known to the MP. However when it goes to actually deduct the L$ from your account, it grabs a "clean" value and then may determine that you do not have enough.

You can test this by logging in, purchasing something while you have enough in your account .. then just before you complete the purchase, give all your L$ to your Alt. The transaction should fail when you attempt to complete it .. and you should get a result of "User Exception".

I do not believe there is any fix for this either as there are inherent lags between the two systems, no matter how tightly interconnected they are. It also defeats an exploit attempt by someone trying to buy something but not pay for it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.