A Flag is Bad? But Rape is Good?

Marx Alvord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It seems that today a few of my Marketplace items were removed because they were flagged. In a response email from LL it was mentioned the use of the Confederate Flag. Okay so I wonder and ask myself.

Whats this world coming too when LL can yank a product because it offends someone. What about my own offense that I may take at the prolific sale of items that mention, suggest through depiction of imagery or the out right encouragement of rape, incest or countless other otherwise openly derogotory ideals..

Violence., death, rape and beastiality are ideals that are openly rampant here in sl. As a business partner here in Secondlife I love the freedom of which I have normally always enjoyed to create, produce and sell my wares to a huge fanbase. What I dont like, and what should bother every other Merchant and customer alike, should be this.

Whats next? When will LL decide next to ban, prohibit or tell the Merchants that pay for all of this, what, when, and how to sell our wares. This is not about stolen work. Or copyrighted issues. This is an honest question poised at the host. Whats next LL?

BTW~ There have been many many Merchants here in SL that have been having their products removed seemingly for the same exact reasons and in the past few days. Speak up people.

Please tell me this isn't happening in here. SL has all kinds of stuff that would be against the law in RL going on all the time. The things people are into would bend the minds of everyone everywhere, if they were brought out into the open.

Also? This isn't a purely US based community. People outside the US are already laughing at us for the way we handle pretty much everything; are we going to spread our ignorance to the virtual world as well? The confederate flag is nothing more than a symbol from a bygone era. Stop making it look as if it was some representation of the end of days. It's like some conspiracy is in effect, with the government creating some convient reason to expunge that flag. STOP it.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SIN-KIDNAPPING-TRACKER/4723826

or 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=G&search%5Bkeywords%5D=nazi

I can't figure out who the confederate flag offends, the north who won, or maybe the south is still sad. Let's spend time protecting them though. We'll get to protecting the Jews and rape victims another day.

This list is just getting started. I personally. Try not to judge. Id like to make stuff my customers want. This is a first for me. But if this is indeed the case for LL in which they are trying to follow suit with companies like Walmart, K Mart, Sears, Amazon and Ebay, they might want to try to step back and take a real close look at the World which they Host.

Sorry LL but this isnt rl, and your playing host to a whole other world of creatures that can excercise ideals, which they may not be able to in any other place.

Thanks for the massive squash!

To my mind, the question shouldn't be, "Why are they taking down Confederate battle flag when they leave up Nazi insignia?" but "Why aren't they taking down Nazi insignia as well as Confederate battle flags?"

The only valid argument I can see for selling either is that, as in RL, they provide useful indicators of people to avoid.

Racism isnt the only form of offense on the planet. I love how people pick and choose what right and what wrong they will defend without showing at least a bit of fairness in their own perceptions.

I notice how they defer and completely ignore the subject matters such as the encouragement of rape, murder, and all kinds of other (real) and mostly what would be considered illegal behavior.

Its okay though. Im perfectly okay and not offended with selling tons of US Flags all over my stuff. I hope you dont find that racist as well lol.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

To my mind, the question shouldn't be, "Why are they taking down Confederate battle flag when they leave up Nazi insignia?" but "Why aren't they taking down Nazi insignia as well as Confederate battle flags?"

The only valid argument I can see for selling either is that, as in RL, they provide useful indicators of people to avoid.

QFT

Marx Alvord wrote:

Its okay though. Im perfectly okay and not offended with selling tons of US Flags all over my stuff. I hope you dont find that racist as well lol.

Awesome. Since the US Flag wasn't created by seditionists for the purpose of upholding and expanding slavery, I wish you all the luck in the world selling them.

Oh Ashasekayi 

I see you go to the SLU and say I am crying.

Actually I am not crying about it.

But you all seem to be unable to stop talking about me when ever you can.

Get a life.

My only issue i have sold Flag Kinis' for many years. And Not an issue for years.

And now it is.

I actually forget what I have on the marketplace. 

So what ever.

Cathiee McMillan wrote:

Oh Ashasekayi 

I see you go to the SLU and say I am crying.

Actually I am not crying about it.

But you all seem to be unable to stop talking about me when ever you can.

Get a life.

My only issue i have sold Flag Kinis' for many years. And Not an issue for years.

And now it is.

I actually forget what I have on the marketplace. 

So what ever.

LOL

Watching a thread at a site you're banned from? That's cute. 

And yes, I'm laughing at you whining because your racist bikinis were pulled. If you are so concerned about nazi items, I would suggest that you use the report button. That's what it is there for.

Marx Alvord wrote:

And they just skip on by the concerns we should adress...... rofl.. Love it!!

Not you Cathiee, your okay!!

So, you are so concerned with bondage items? Were you concerned before your items were pulled? 

Here's the thing. The TOS/community guidelines already addresses racist items. So, you are already in violation. If you want LL to ban bondage items, I suppose you'll have to campaign for that to be added to the rules.

I wonder if Ash would be offended by such groups and organiziations as(Breeding Out the White Race).. which is a group in Sl with 269 members. How do you feel about that Ash?

Oh, btw, this is what they say on their group Bio..

Strictly RP group for those white girls and fellow darkness who eroticize Interracial breeding.

This is the way the white race is conquered. Not through war nor force of arms, but through the willing submission of your women. Each time a white girl takes superior African or Arab seed into her womb another white bloodline ends forever!

Nice eh? rofl

I myself would rather make clothes that anyone can buy. :)

Without hypocrisy!!

Marx Alvord wrote:

I mean, your the one whos made this post into race. Not I. Go back and read my original post Ash. Read real carefully.

I didn't make it about race. Thank the confederate flag for that. 

I simply stated that your item was pulled because of a TOS/community guideline violation. and rightfully so. The bondage items that you hold up as examples aren't against the TOS. So, of course, they can't be pulled. 

If you want to change the TOS/community guidelines, then you'll have to convince LL those need to be considered violations too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3221 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.