how does men get L$ when you cant get paypal to work and do not have creditcard ?

Xfiles Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Dear linden labs

i do applaud this virtaul world for the last +- 7 years now, but i do have to say, the last move with the new TOS screws over a couple of thousands of users

main reason , and i do have this issue myself as well is

people in europe do not all own creditcards

we cant buy pre payds creditcards in certain countrys here either

paypal is NOT supported in some countrys

i live in the netherlands

i can open a paypal account, but when i want to connect this account to my SL account, it fails to work

reason? it ask me for a creditcard number

i dont own a creditcard either

so, are you all fooling me here ? or do you all just wan to say lets just drop europe?

might be wise to open more different posseble ways to still buy L$

for example ADD IDEAL

ideal is a easy , secure and fast way to still get YOUR $$$$ from the euopean section

and they get L$ in replace

and they can still play second life

without being able to BUY L$ there is no fun in being in world

option B = just give DXechange the right to buy/sell L$ for europeans again, you always got your money from them, and we always got our L$ , so please , reconsider the options

friendly regards

Xfiles Miles

3 answers to this question

There are no Lindens here, ever.  We're all SL residents, just like you.  And a lot of other people are upset by the recent change too.  Unfortunately, there's not much anyone can do about it.  There is rising pressure in the U.S. government to put restrictions on "virtual currencies". partly because there is a growing sense that state governments are losing potential tax revenue in the virtual economy and partly because virtual worlds can be used for money laundering.  Linden Lab and other companies that manage virtual currency may soon be held legally responsible for ways that virtual world residents use funds.  The way that LL has apparently decided to avoid the problem is to strengthen their claim that L$ are "in-world tokens" with no value outside Second Life.  Unless something quite dramatic happens to change the political trend, I don't expect Linden Lab to reverse its new policy.

• Like 2

don t use the form after the submit button "add paypal" from second life . Because , indeed  , SL redirects to a form from Paypal requiring a bank card .

But create your paypal account directly on the site of paypal . 

Choose the site of Paypal dedicated for your country ( netherlands for you ) , not the paypal US site .

Create an account there . 

After this , you could set up your paypal account in adding a bank account .

Add it , and start the process to get the "verified"  status from Paypal .

When you add a bank account to your PayPal account, PayPal deposits two small amounts into your bank account. These deposits should appear in your bank account within 2 or 3 business days. To confirm your bank account:
Make a note of the deposit amounts in your bank statement (or via internet banking)
Click the Confirm Bank Account link on your Account Overview page.
Enter the amounts.
If the amounts are correct, your bank account is confirmed and your account is verified

Go back to second life and add your paypal account

Enjoy

• Like 2

are you really sure about that ? this was my guess, but i havent tried it (i dont need since i have a credit card already registered on my account) but it could help tons of pp.... some pp told me that for verifying an account paypal still ask a card linked.... So if what you say works really it would be really great

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4010 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.