Tutorial Balance Not Showing

Ellie713

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there :) So, I have been completing tutorials on Social Island and it show's I have a "tutorial balance" of lindens, but those don't show in my overall balance. Am I only allowed to use those lindens on the island or is this an error and they should be showing in my overall balance? If it is an error, how do I go about fixing it? Thank you!

2 answers to this question

Ellie713 wrote:

Hi there
:)
So, I have been completing tutorials on Social Island and it show's I have a "tutorial balance" of lindens, but those don't show in my overall balance. Am I only allowed to use those lindens on the island or is this an error and they should be showing in my overall balance? If it is an error, how do I go about fixing it? Thank you!

Tutorial Lindens are only useful on the island for the specific items for "sale"- they're a training simulation. Real Lindens are exchangeable for real money so if real Lindens were given out on tutorial isles it would tempt people trying to take advantage of the system.

• Like 2

You can earn a maximum of L$350 by completing all of the tutorial tasks on Social Island, some of which simply involve visiting one of the key areas.  As Theresa says, those are not real L$.  They are practice L$ that you can use in the shop on Social Island to buy skins, hair, and clothing.  They give you a chance to see how to buy things in SL, and to see them appear in your inventory.  You can use the changing rooms there to try on your new purchases and experiment with your appearance too.  The idea of Social Island is to give you a low-risk way to learn basic skills and ease into the SL economy without spending any of your own L$ .... yet. :smileywink:

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.