linden home vs d.i.y. mainland?

CheepUnks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i see alot of benifits of switching to a empty parcel of mainland but would i have to pay extra fees that i wouldn't for my linden home or if i abandon my house for a different land parcel thats less limiting would i be able to count it as my free 512m that i have now? i hope this isnt too confusing.

2 answers to this question

As a Premium member you are entitled to 512 sq meters tier free. You can choose a Linden home or purchase a plot of Mainland. Your Linden home is 512 sq m so if you choose both you will be in the next tier bracket.

So basically, yes, you can abandon your Linden home and purchase a 512 sq m plot of land without incurring any more fees. However, if you buy the land then abandon the house you will have to pay for both that month.

• Like 1

With Premium membership you can use your 512 sq.m. tier free land for a Linden Home or for a 512 sq.m. parcel on mainland. it's completely your choice. You will have to find and buy the mainland parcel from whoever owns it but land prices are very low now. Either way, you will have 117 prims to play with but your house will eat into your prim allowance on mainland whereas the Linden Home doesn't. Make sure to abandon your Linden Home before buying mainland or incur a $5 fee for a month.

Bear in mind too that on mainland neighbours can build right up to your boundary, there are no walkways and open spaces as there are between Linden Homes. If going the mainland route, you may want to look at getting a larger parcel, say 1024 sq.m at least to give yourself a little more room, privacy and prim allowance and pay the $5 a month land fee.

http://secondlife.com/land/pricing.php

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.