house with more prims in second life?

Magelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Hi and thanks to all who answered my post. What I'm really trying to find out is how to exchange the house I have for one with more prims. I got my home as a gift for going premium. I'm not sure if the others have the same amount of prims but would like to change the house I now have to a different one. Is that possible?

Magelle wrote:

Hi and thanks to all who answered my post. What I'm really trying to find out is how to exchange the house I have for one with more prims. I got my home as a gift for going premium. I'm not sure if the others have the same amount of prims but would like to change the house I now have to a different one. Is that possible?

HI Magelle,

The number of prims that you have available to use depends on the size of your land and the bigger your land, the higher the monthly tier fee that you would have to pay to LL.

When you are a Premium member, you are allowed to have 512sqm of land, without paying any monthly tier fee. 117 prims is the default amount for a 512sqm plot.

The Linden Home system, allows you to have a house on 512sqm plot so that the actual prims that the house is made with do not get deducted from your 117 prims, so you get to use all 117 to furnish your house. All Linden homes are on 512sqm plots because that is the maximum size plot that you get for your free allowance.

You can abandon your Linden home (in About Land) and choose another one with a different style, which may be built with more prims than your current house - some have 2 floors instead of 1 for example - But no matter which house you choose you will still only have 117 prims available to furnish it with.

If you want more prims, you will need to go and buy bigger land and you will pay a monthly tier fee for any land over your 512sqm allowance - See https://secondlife.com/my/account/landfees.php for details of land fees.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.