Which offline editor to choose?

Sy Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've decided to try my hand at scripting and would like suggestions as to which offline editor to use.  It should be regarded as reliable, likely to be around for at least another 6mths have LSL highlighting and any other feature that would be valuable for a beginner.

Many thanks in advance for your help and/or suggestions.

[ETA] ...and runs on Win 7.

Thanks Peter and Darkie. 

I've decided to go with just the LSL Editor as suggested earlier for the time being.  I've been contacted inworld and told by a couple of people that it runs fine on Win7 except for an occasional exit program bug, which won't affect it or any work saved.

Thanks for the quick and helpful replies, much appreciated.

Darkie Minotaur wrote:

I love Eclipse and LSL plus as well - unfortunately it hasn't been updated for over 1,5 years, so you could call it dead, I'm afraid. Apart from the fact that is supports a large number of languages, it's implemented in Java and available for different OSes, which is a great plus for me.

On lifesupport maybe, but certainly not quite dead. I just checked sourceforge and commits are still happening, theres at least one person out there still checking in source - you just have to build it yourself.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4580 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.