Seeking a script for object sight trackinga

AlbricJackson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What I would like is a scipt that would allow an avatar's head to track an object as either the obect ot the avatar moves. Think of a kite or a drone. As the object or avatar moves about the avatar's head would move up/down/left/right to track the movement of the object. Ideally it would also rotate the entire avatar as the object moved to a location that could not be followed realistically with a simple head rotation such as behind.

You don't want a script for that

Simple, basic animations and other animations that do not animate at least neck and scull bones does exactly  what you want, or rather the viewer does it for you. Use mouse cursor and keys: 'Alt Gr' + 'left mouse' to 'look' at an object/avatar and your avatar will keep looking at that object/avatar when it moves around

:smileysurprised::):smileyvery-happy:

Wulfie Reanimator wrote:

What you're talking about can't be done with just a script. You would have to create a large set of animations for the head to appear to be tracking the object, and scripts cannot turn an avatar directly.

... unless the wearer is using RLV, when they can rotate an avatar, and even move them around, albeit rather inaccurately.

But the number of head /neck animations with high priorities, probably priority 4's, coupled with the horrendous script to track the target and work out approximate body rotations AND which head/neck pose to use for fine corrections, would be a nightmare to make and test, and probably lag like a **bleep**

So the holy grail of a tracking ability is, at best, impracticle.

If this has become a question about something other than scripting which forum would be more appropriate?

What about a way to just set the head rotation to some fixed value? Perhaps +/- 60 degrees left and right and +/- 45 degrees up down?

AlbricJackson wrote:

So the holy grail of a tracking ability is, at best, impracticle.

If this has become a question about something other than scripting which forum would be more appropriate?

What about a way to just set the head rotation to some fixed value? Perhaps +/- 60 degrees left and right and +/- 45 degrees up down?

There is a free pose stand, available in world, full perm from the Furry community someplace, that in adition to a whole bunch of body poses for testing fit during static and animated poses, also has a bunch of head poses for tilt up/down and twist left right, 9 in total, I'm not logged in world just now and cannot remember its name but IM me in world (same name) and i'll send you details when I log in later.

You could use the poses from that as gestures for example to turn and tilt your head, or make up a 'head pose' hud.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2636 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.