Name to Key DB

Tabris Daxter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all

I was look into o make a name to Key DB as a lot of the current ones are out of date.

Mostly for my personally use to begin with in part of my game that I'm developing.

My current idea is to

have a bot "jumping" from sim to sim using LlTeleportAgentGlobalCoords & using llGetAgentList to get the keys.

Upload keys to an external DB

Clear list

Jump

Rinse & Repeat.

Have a separate object parsing through the DB and getting both the Username & Display Name of each key.

Sacrifice a virgin (mostly found on  sex sims) each week to remove duplicates.

What I'm asking for is advice or if there are any problems that you can foresee

I had considered the "private" Sims & the best way I think is to ignore them, if I stick to the mainland continents. it would be a pretty accurate list.

maybe 2 or 3 bots running 3 weeks apart along the same track. that would give me a window to account for new avatars and 'defunct' ones.

have either (or both) a php or lsl script looking up names, if it can't find it delete the entry.

Isn't my.secondlife subject to privacy settings? I know I keep coming across merchants with hyper-private settings that hide their in-world profile from web-based search. If I could remember any of them, I'd check to see if my.secondlife nonetheless left a UUID hint for them.

(I'm not saying that a name2key db shouldn't respect privacy settings, but I'd be a lot happier about that if I thought more than 10% of folks using restricted privacy settings actually meant to have the effects they do.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4256 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.