Mesh Body alpha hud

FrankRSayre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I set off on a search for information leading to learning how to create an alpha hud for my mesh Body I have created, I have gone through the create a hud which is pretty simple and also the alpha thing to turn a mesh invisable but I am looking to combine the two. I am told it is with scripting, I was quoted a price of 25k Linden for a full perm Alpha hud for my mesh body that would of course come with layers like underwear and tattoo, but that is a bit pricey for me atm I would like to gain as much knowledge about this before making such a purchase.

I have my Mesh all ready for the alpha masks I think. it is one mesh but yet I have 32 faces with 4 links that is 0-7 faces *1-4 Links, I have installed the link and face scirpt to find the link and face but from there I am lost as what to do, google brings up far to many wrong results or only brings up the large mesh body builders names which I am not looking for either.

I am looking to make an multicut alpha hud for a mesh body with clothing layers for underwear and tattoo

I have asked time and again in several of the help groups like BB and Blender a couple scirpt groups too but no one ever answers or is on when I ask this is frustrating .

Any help or links to some knowlegde or anyone willing to help out with my project I do not plan to make it rich I am doing it for fun and for the sake of accomplishment - Please help

If you know nothing at all about LSL scripting, you're going to get very frustrated by learning enough of the basics to write a script that is this complicated. The price you were quoted for writing a custom script like this is not unreasonable, although you might get a better deal if you ask a few other scripters. Be sure to find out how much experience a potential scripter has in working with mesh bodies and with writing texture change scripts.

• Like 1

Thank you and I am sure its a very complicated thing, I may not be able to accomplish this on my own, just want a bit of knowledge passed on from some one who may know how to write the scirpts involved, still wondering if there is anything like a tutorial or better search terms I can use to get better results from google, Thank you

You might get lucky and find a tutorial, but I'd be surprised. You're more likely to find guidance about bits and pieces that you'll have to knit together yourself. For example, you have already found the wiki article that gives general advice about making HUDs. You can also find plenty of examples of menu scripts, and of course snippets in the LSL wiki that demonstrate how each of the standard functions may be used. The challenge you face, though, is that scripting is only marginally about the mechanics of writing commands that use the right syntax. The hard part is constructing the logical framework for a script that does what you want it to. When you're doing a custom job, the "knitting together" is unique to your own project. You'll never find a tutorial that does that part. Try looking for "texture change" scripts, for something as close as you're likely to get. 

If you are not interersted to hire scripter best way for you to is learn small parts of scripts first. to accomplish your mesh alpha hud you might needs this number of functions to go throught

1. who is touching the hud (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlDetectedKey )

2.what part of hud is touched ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlDetectedLinkNumber )

3. what message it should send to your mesh alpha body ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlListen )

4. once listen the message what parts needs to apply that changes ( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlSetLinkPrimitiveParams#llSetLinkPrimitiveParams)

• Thanks 1

Well I do appriciate all the answers and responces (i was not expecting anything to be honest), I suppose it will be a long journey for learning some of the tid bit here and there, I was just hoping there might be something simple I was missing judging by the responces here there is no easy or short cut way about this with some wonderful tutorial LOL well I bid you all a Thanks 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.