Why are my dances replaced with something I can't use? I paid for them.

Cairo Illios

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I spend a lot of time and money searching and buying dances.  But quite frequently I find some of my dances replaced with some weird thing that I can't use.  It's been happening for years and I would like to know why it happens and why I don't get reimbursed for them. Dances are not cheap.  Not the good ones.

3 answers to this question

Are the broken dance animation replaced in your inventory with a spinning animation named "IP Replacement" ?

If so, LL have removed those animations from your inventory because they were stolen content.

See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Frequently_Asked_Questions_on_the_IP_Complaint_Process#When_content_is_removed_through_the_pilot_program.2C_what_generic_replacement_items_are_used_in_place_of_the_removed_content.3F

Linden Lab won't reimburse you for accidently buying stolen content.  Possibly the seller you bought the animations from will but I doubt it, they may well have known they were selling ripped animations.

• Like 2

Hi, without knowing with what your dances are replaced it could be alot ...

First in mind comes that you bought "stolen","copybotted" items and the owner filed a DMCA. Then the products related to this will be replaced by a useless item. As i remember they are renamed to something with DMCA in it, but that too long ago.

Anyway, first to ask is the seller because the forums are not for technical support of products someone made money with.

Monti

• Like 2

Whirly and Monti are correct.  Stolen content removed pursuant to a DMCA takedown notice will not be reimbursed or replaced.

However, there have been a couple of cases where LL removed content and then later found out the DMCA notice was incorrect or fraudulent.  In the unlikely event that this is your problem, return to the store where you bought the animations and see if they have a redelivery terminal, or contact the store owner and request a redelivery.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.