What to do when you don't get what you pay for?

BLUExANGEL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. Last week I bought a skin from a popular store. First I tried on the demo, was happy with the look, and purchased the full version. The problem is that I bought the identical item as the demo and got a different skin. The file names are identical except one says demo. I contacted the store vendor 3 times. First was by instant message, then a notecard 2 days later, then another notecard with the photo at the bottom of this page added. I have not got any reply back at all from the store owner and need to know if there's anything more I can do to try to just get what I paid for?

The next thing left to do is to wait. The merchant might just be away for a few weeks, so give them a chance. Some are here day-to-day, others rarely show up, and a few have left SL entirely. If a notecard and IM don't raise a reply in a few weeks, you might never get a replacement or refund.

Note that receiving the wrong skin tone could be a genuine mistake that they're happy to fix once they get back. If not, and it turns out to be deliberate miss-selling or an absentee merchant, there's really not much you can do beyond leaving a harsh review.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3083 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.