Current sl temperature

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even though 20L$ is a good price for that thermometer from the Market Place. Why buy one if you can make one for 0L$. It would probably cost 10 L$ to upload a  thermometer texture. But that's still half price, you could sell them once your done to re-coup the texture upload cost and maybe score a little profit too.

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

Even though 20L$ is a good price for that thermometer from the Market Place. Why buy one if you can make one for 0L$.

Convenience.

A freidn recently asked my why I bought a prefab space station for a L$1000 rather than spend 3 1/2 years of my free time carefully making textures in photoshop and uploading them one at a time onto massive prim structures I spent years careully putting into the right configuration and agonizing over.

- rephrasing her question like that, the answer becomes self-obvious. ;)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

Even though 20L$ is a good price for that thermometer from the Market Place. Why buy one if you can make one for 0L$.

Convenience.

A freidn recently asked my why I bought a prefab space station for a L$1000 rather than spend 3 1/2 years of my free time carefully making textures in photoshop and uploading them one at a time onto massive prim structures I spent years careully putting into the right configuration and agonizing over.

- rephrasing her question like that, the answer becomes self-obvious.
;)

I totally agree with you on buying something as big as a space station convenience is the way to go with something like that. But the thermometer is one prim, one texture, and one script. I made one like the one on the market place in less than 5 minutes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.