Charming Little Cafes and Bars in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was inspired by seeing Saul Goodie make two cafes (first this one then the lastest is HyperCafe) then I saw the one called Hope and I decided to finish my listserve "Charming Little Cafes and Bars in Second Life". This is like my already-existing "Sacred Places in SL" which has many of  the different religious sites.

You can pick the up the sandwich board  for the cafes' list here in Ross by my own little charming cafe, the Oz Cafe with the Wizard of Oz gatcha items from HANDverk and others in the 8f8 Garden Folly which is among my favourites.

Note it's in "beta" as I am still adding and correcting items and I want to get descriptions added to all them. Ideally, people will have their own already on the land or will send one.

You can modify the sandwich board with your own labels and textures, then just keep it in place with the scripts and it will update regularly.

The critera is just as it says on the can:

Charming -- i.e. not a big black box with loud trance music -- there's a place for those types of clubs and they have other ways to get noticed. This is more about the out-of-the-way quaint or offbeat or interesting places.

Little - not giant barns with wet t-shirt contests and line-dancing pose balls. It should be a quiet place by the side of the road or themed or from some RL country group  or something like that. I'm not going to draw a size dimension although I'm thinking it's mainly 512 or 1024 because I see people have put charming small cafes on 4096s with lots of decorations.

Cafe - if it is seating for your rentals business or really your own posse's hangout that's fine but make sure it stands out and alone as a cafe in its own right and that it is open to the public.

I have a lot of good ones already just from looking in the regular search/places look but I need to find more so send the landmarks to me in world.

Prokofy Neva

That's a great initiative, Prokofy! :)

We should get together and make a series of such guides to lovely SL places of different kinds.

One of my tenants is planning a palce that should fit the list. I'll send you a landmark once she's finished it. And don't tell anybody but Inara Sugarplum has some really interesting ideas for a new sim she's working on. I have an good old village she's planning to include in her build rezzed at a secret palce on my land and it has an absolutely lovely little pub (do pubs qualify btw?)

But this makes me wish even more that Aimee Weber had finished her Blue Butterfly. A decade or so after she left it almost but not quite finished, it still stands out as one of the loveliest, best designed and best constructed cafe buildings ever seen in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.