Getting Cinema 4D to Export Rigged Mesh

theGenius Indigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

As a long-time Cinema 4D user, I'm fairly interested in finding a way to export rigged avatar mesh to COLLADA format and import it directly into Second Life with zero hassle or intervention with roundabout methods or hack jobs.

Currently, all of the template DAEs I have come across, when imported and subsequently exported to and from C4D, do not read as having a usable rig in the Second Life viewer.

I want to know if anyone here is similarly interested in getting this to work or even knows of a working method for making Second Life-compatible, rigged models using Cinema 4D without, for instance, doing all of the rigging in Blender, 3DS Max, Maya or any other program for that matter.

What I would like to see:

Cinema 4D --> Second Life

If anyone has suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

tG

• 1 year later...

Hello genius...

did you find the easy way out the tricky matter? I'm having the same issue with finding a clear and effective method to the usual rigging methods out there, all sound damn complicate {making me feel like an I***t really!}.

A good solution would be finding out how to actually work on DAE files sold on the marketplace {the unanswered question remains "do we need to redo all the rigging from scratch or do they keep the rigging even after we modify the mesh itself?"}... a step-by-step tutorial would be greatly welcome!

I'm working on L'Uomo avatars and clothes to start, made some pants that rock but unfortunately I will find out the answer as soon as I try to upload the collada I saved.

Please feel free to get in touch with me in-world, we can eventually support each other.

Have a great second life...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4007 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.