My avi is a cloud. My inventory is fetching.

Heeth29

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've looked up how to fix my avi, she's a cloud. My inventory is fetching so I can't do anything there, and I don't have a character test option under advanced. I'm super frustrated :(  Can anyone help?  I should say I have no idea what viewer I have :(  I'm not great with this stuff at all...I can't even figure out how to respond to the answer I have below!  Ready to toss my computer.

3 answers to this question

Hi Heeth

When you appear as a cloud, it sometimes helps to just change/replace your hairbase, before you do anything else...

Try to write a random word in the search-function in your inventory...that might stop it fetching. Sometimes it helps.

About answering the posts here, go up to the right corner of your post, and click 'options', then click 'edit', and now you can add more to your original post. You cannot make new posts, you have to edit the one post, that started this thread.

Good luck, I hope things will soon be better for you  :matte-motes-smile:

Heeth29 wrote:

I've looked up how to fix my avi, she's a cloud. My inventory is fetching so I can't do anything there, and I don't have a character test option under advanced. I'm super frustrated
:(
  Can anyone help?  I should say I have no idea what viewer I have
:(
  I'm not great with this stuff at all...I can't even figure out how to respond to the answer I have below!  Ready to toss my computer.

Hi Heeth,

You should be able to figure out which viewer you are using by looking at the title bar for the viewer window, the official viewer will say "Second Life", Firestorm will say "Firestorm" etc. On a Mac, you can always see the name of the currently active program on the left of the main menu, right next to the Apple icon. On a Windows machine, I think the application name is always shown at the top of the application's window (I know that's true for SL viewers).

As for not being able to figure out how to respond here, that's not your fault. As it happens the brilliant minds at Linden Lab actually are worse with "this stuff" than you are. Whether they did so accidentally or on purpose we'll never know, but the Answers forum doesn't allow you to participate in the resolution of your own problem. You must go back to your original question and edit it (via "Options" over there on the right) to present additional information. Unfortunately, that doesn't notify any of us who've posted to the thread. You can respond via the "Permalink" buttons at the bottom of each reply, but those responses are only visible if we go clicking throughout the thread to find them.

And finally, it may be that you viewer is unable to get things straight because it's having difficulty communicating with SL. Minor internet glitches that barely annoy most other applications will bring SL to its knees. Here's a page with helpful hints to improve that connection...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3286 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.