Why can't I paste into either the SL viewer or Firestorm? How do I fix this?

Tyrian Slade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I can't paste anything into the SL viewer.  This is putting a bit of a cramp on my building. 

Copying from SL and pasting into a word file works fine.  However, I can't take text from a word file and paste it into a text bar in SL.  I also can't take text from one place in the SL viewer and paste it into chat, search, or anything.  I'm having this problem for all my alts, in both Firestorm and the standard SL viewer.  I haven't tried phoenix. 

Thank you for your help!

5 answers to this question

Hello,

did you try rightlick-> paste and rightclick-> copy?

It works pretty well for me.

The only exception: when you copy something from a resident's profile window in SL, it will be gone from your computer's clipboard once you closed the profile window.

I think that's a bug.

So keep the profile window where you cut/copied your text from open, until you finished pasting it to the desired destination.

• Like 1

For a Windows machine try control "c" to copy and control "v" to paste (I think Mac is cmd "c" and cmd "v".............but I'm not a Mac user so that may not be correct).

I've had that problem on occassion in the past and the cntrl "c" and "v" worked fine.  In fact way back when right click "copy and "paste" didn't work at all.......never.

How very strange.   While I normally use the keyboard shortcuts -- CTRL C, CTRL V and so on -- to copy paste, and I do most copy-pasting between SL and either Notepad++ or LSLEditor rather than Word, I've just  tested with Firestorm and Word  2010, and I can copy paste from Word to anywhere in Firestorm with both the keyboard shortcuts and the right-click context menu.

So it sounds as if it's to do with your computer configuration, or your viewer set-up, somehow, but I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Is this a recent problem?

The OP might be experiencing a temporary glitch. I have had that problem on occassion in the past but it never alarmed me since I usually use the keyboard cntrl C/V shortcuts anyway. I just figured it was some viewer loading issue that a relog fixes. I learned a long time ago that sometimes things get screwy in SL and if there's something so simple at a key board short cut works around then it's no problem for me. Besides, in the old days right click copy/paste never worked because of the way the viewer was coded.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4129 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.