Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer, did everything, resetting uninstalling, the nine.

Case Hammerthall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am at witts end

running new windows 7 so maybe update

was logged out over night, couldn't log in in the morning, account is clear

reset everything, restore point done, uninstalled properly, reinstalled, still no good

customer service is puzzled

so am I, and I'm getting frustrated. Is there any reason why my pc would suddenly stop letting me use second life.

Tried all clients, including third party

Added: Other computers on same ip can log in. Customer Service says account is clear and they see no reason why this should be happening. Sent help ticket, trying to get live support to respond... still at witts end. Thanks for the read

5 answers to this question

If you are not banned and Support has confirmed this, did your reset include resetting your modem/router. If not, unplug these for a few minutes then reconnect.

It's rare but possible that a banned IP address cycled over to you so hopefully this will reset it.

• Like 1

Your computer has been blocked by LL, probably by mistake if you didn`t get an email saying it was deliberate.

If you are a Premium member, speak to LiveChat. https://support.secondlife.com/start-chat/

Unfortuantely if you are a Basic member, its pot luck trying to get help, try calling Billing, emailing support and submitting a ticket and hopefully one will get a result.

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

support@secondlife.com

Toll-Free (US/Canada)
Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Local Toll-Free numbers

* France: 0805.101.490
* Germany: 0800.664.5510
* Japan: 0066.33.132.830
* Portugal: 800.814.450
* Spain: 800.300.560
* UK: 0800.048.4646
* Support is in English Only

• Like 1

yeah, unplugged the network and modem and router and everything for four hours... after a few shorter interval tries

I do have a satalite connection. Maybe it takes longer.

Thing is I can log on from other computers, so it can't be an ip ban, cause other pcs are able to log on the same network. :/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4739 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.