Is there a way to see a list of past display names?

Helllor Highwater

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I have a question concerning the display names. 

Recently I've been accused of using another avatars name as my display name. This isnt something I'd even consider doing because if I saw someone else with my name I'd be a little irriated. Anyways this is besides the point. To prove my innocence with the sim owners I've wanted to try and get a list of things I've changed my name to and I'm wondering if there is a list that LL puts aside of your old display names? Of when you changed them or what youve changed them to.

Does anyone know if such list exists? If so, where could I find it? Could I send a message to LL and ask for account details concerning it? 

Thanks!
Hell

~~~~

In responce to Karen: Yeah I realize its a bad thing to do and being accused of doing such a thing is why im trying to fight it.. I would never even consider using someone elses name even in a joking friendly manner.. I've been playing for too long and have too much stuff to lose to do something so stupid

I was hoping there was a way that you could see old names that I myself have changed mine to so i could show it as evidence and tell this person attacking me to back off.. :/ Shame theres not. I would think Lindens could go back and get it somehow. 

2 answers to this question

Display Names by their definition are vanity labels/names. There can be as many KarenMichelle's as want to use the name. Of course I hunt them down and bury them in the SL Desert.

Using a Display Name to steal the identity of another is a Linden Nusance Class No No and if that person's actions can be documented towards that purpose then put them in an Abuse Report and file it.

No, there is no Master List of Display Names available for you to peruse.

Now in the case of older 2 part names, using a Display Name of "KarenMichelle Lane" and being a DJ would get you AR'd by me in 0 seconds flat!

However using a Display Name that someone else has used or is currently is using is not a violation at all.

It's the intent that gets you AR'd.

EDIT: Oh Rolig is spot on on the use of your Feed history to track your own usage. I totally forgot about that thing. :P I so never use it. That will give you a 1st rights kind of claim when dealing with the person annoying you.

Well, there is, sort of......

Look on your profile at https://my.secondlife.com/Helllor.Highwater and click the Home tab.  You'll see all sorts of things, including any display name changes.  From what I can see, yours has changed a few times in the past 3 years, but the most recent change was over a year ago.  It looks as if you use your feed about as much as I do.  :smileyvery-happy:

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.