Viewer 2 question about rezzing.

Selene Yootz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been a phoenix user and just switched to Viewer 2 so i can use the layering stuff. But now everything takes forever to rez! What used to rez in 30 seconds in phoenix takes 5 mins in Viewer 2. Anyone know why? does this viewer just suck, or is there a setting somewhere? Thanks!

If you see lots of grey people, change your active group. Ths will reactivate texture requests that many have timed out.  The develop menu has  a setting for HTTP that might affect performance.    To get the Develop menu,

Me (top bar, left) -- Preferences -- Advanced -- Show Develop menu (Check this)

The Develop menu will appear on the top bar.  Click that button and look for HTTP (2 items).  Some people have have better results with them unchecked.  Mine are checked and works fine--except that in crowds I sometimes have to use the grey people maneuver.

TKR

Selene Yootz wrote:

oh .. do i need to clear it in phoenix, or in SL Veiwer?

You might want to try this: Turn off HTTP textures in viewer 2. You can find it in "Develop" menu. After doing that clear the cache in viewer 2.  After clearing cache let your inventory load and see did this help.

In some systems HTTP textures on might be faster, but on some systems things could load faster with HTTP textures off. For example for me I noticed that textures load faster with HTTP textures off.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4553 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.