Prepaid Credit Cards?

xxdreamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, I know second life in itself does not accept them. What I want to know is, is there any other place that sells lindens that would accept them? Any suggestions? My mom has one and is willing to allow me to use it to buy some lindens. :)

After attempting to purchase some Linden from LL with a $25 virtual Mastercard (prize from a Camel promotion),I finally found success at virwox.com. Don't let the layout of the site freak you out. It is similar to those I've seen concerning serious commerce trading.

To the right of the sign in (upper left) is an area for purchasing Lindens with a credit card or Paypal among the choices available (sign in not required). Simply enter what you wish to spend and the current trading will determine how many Linden you will recieve, follow the prompts. In my case, since I was a new customer, I didn't recieve the Linden until a few hours later. An email explaining why it was taking so long told me I was new and my avatar was showing a Negative Risk API rating. It's all good. Try there.

• 10 months later...

The prepaid Greendot cards work just fine. Be sure to get the registered card that you can order for free online. This card comes registered, and has your name embossed on the card. Once you get the card in the mail (quickly) you buy a load up card available in stores who carry prepaid cards. load you card with cash, and your all set! :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.