Why is my classified not in search?

RyanEric

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Have set up a classified for 50L$ from my profile picks.
It doesn't show up in search and is not on the website (so it's not my cache).
Should be there like it is everytime. What could that be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Roling Loon!
"I gave up on Classified Ads myself a few years ago, since I had no evidence that they were actually producing any results"

That's the easiest way. My settings are all right so the classified must be broken somehow. I don't get any real traffic through them, they don't work sometimes - so the easiest solution is to get rid of them and save the money.

3 answers to this question

Is your Profile Visible in search? Have you adjusted your privacy settings found at your profile page?

How much time has passed since you posted the Ad?

I think that if all is correct, and your Ad doesn't show, and you can see the charge in your Transaction history at your Dashboard, you would need to contact Support.

Edit: I don't place that many Ad's. I'm wondering if the Land that is connected with the Pick's Ad, needs to also have the Show in Search option to be selected in the About Land page for the Ad to show. 

Maybe another Resident here understands it better than I.

I gave up on Classified Ads myself a few years ago, since I had no evidence that they were actually producing any results, so I can't tell you much from current experience.  However, using the How do I browse and search classifieds? steps at http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Classified-advertisements/ta-p/700049#Section_.2, you should be able to find your own classified in the same way potential customers do: by searching for keywords your classified contains. If you can't find it at first, try using keywords that are more unique to your listing.

32px-KBtip.png Tip: Allow at least an hour for a classified to appear and update in search.
  • Like 2

Same situation with my classifieds, and our sim stopped showing up as well - interestingly, the same actions performed thru a different client DO show the search listings and ads.  I have filed report and  done support chat, but the responses are the same: yes, its broken. we know it. we don't know how to fix it.  Have you performed the search for your classified using different clients?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.