Direct Delivery missing items & alphabetical?

Hellena Skytower

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I followed the tutorial video but less than half of my items are showing. I'm still seeing unassociated inventory, which won't delete, and a ton still listed as magic box items, and some unlisted. And I'm having trouble finding out which aren't listed because it's not even alphabetical anymore. So it's a big mess. I had uploaded in Firestorm as boxes, I did not unpack my items because it would take ages. So, I guess what I'm asking is if I reupload all my things all over again, will I have double of everything? Or will it figure out which ones are missing? And I'd like to know how to make it alphabetical so it's easier to find items. I have hundreds so it would help. Actually, I just tried to add some boxed items that were missing, but it's not letting me add anything now. I've already take out all my magic boxes from SL the other day.

Hellena, if you have 100 items in your Unassociated Inventory Items list (at the top of the Manage Listings page) and those 100 are of type "Direct" then it won't let you upload any more until you remove those. Unfortunately there is no fast way; bulk delete on the list doesn't work just yet. So you're stuck opening the Actions menu for that item, choosing Delete and then working through the Are You Sure and eventual web page update. It's time consuming, painful to wade through .. and will probably require you to take drugs, before, during AND after.

Note: There is an open clinic available for folks with PTDDD - Post Traumatic Direct Delivery Disorder. Towels are provided to wipe the foam off your mouth.

If you're asking to sort a list of items on the Manage Listings page in Alphabetical order then you can just click the column header .. twice ... once sorts from Z-A, the second sorts from A-Z.

I would recommend going slow, working through one item at a time, making sure you understand the rhythm and footsteps needed to get it working right. Then you can attack it with abandon once you've got it down.

Oh, and if there's a lot of items in the Unassociated Items list that are marked as type "Magic Box" then you should remove those first. Since you said you've removed all your Magic Boxes, go into Magic Box Status from the Merchant Home page (it's under the Inventory category), click Cancel to get past the warning, then scroll to the bottom of the page and "Force Remove" all the "Servers" (Magic Boxes) listed there.

You can then do a "Sync Marketplace with Magic Box" from the Manage Listings page back at the Merchants Home page on the Marketplace, wait a few minutes then refresh the page. Any Magic Box items in the Unassociated Items list should be gone.

Yeah, I don't see how I can delete each and every one it would take months. And besides, if I do, won't my pics and descriptions be gone also? I don't want to have to reupload pics. It would mean I'd have to go in world and upload, resize each one in PS. I only have about 14 items now left in unassociated items. But, under manager listings I'm showing a ton of items as magic box. And that's been removed in world. Then, a bunch of pinked out items as magic box - unavailable. And only a small handful of direct items that are working. So, I have to go in and delete hundreds of my listings one by one? Then try to reupload it all in one big bulk, since it won't let you do one or 2 magic box items at a time I guess. And if you upload something later on, and want to change it. I used to be able to simply delete it from my magic box, then replalce with new item. Now, I guess that's impossible unless you want to delete hundreds or thousands one by one.

The pinked out items in your regular Listings section .. those show an item that has a listing attached but no item can be delivered. Either the Magic Box item or the Direct Delivery item that belongs to it is somehow missing.

If you have an item listed in Unassociated Inventory Items that *should* be attached to a listing, somehow it didn't get associated. I'm betting that somehow things got disconnected .. but not sure how that can happen.

Open up one of the pinked out listings .. open it in Edit mode (click on Actions to the right-hand side then choose Edit). Click on the Edit associated object button near the top of the listing and then use the Search window to type in part of the name of the object that should be delivered. So for example if the listing is for blue shoes .. but it has nothing associated with it (it's pinked out) then you would type "blue shoes" in the Search window that appears when you click the Edit associated object button. Once you type "blue shoes" into the Search window and press Enter, you should see any unassociated items that have "blue shoes" in the name. Click the "Choose" button to the right side of the one that matches.

You don't want to delete any real listings .. those in the bottom section, you'll only want to delete Unassociated inventory items .. those in the top list section. But you only want to delete one of those if they do NOT match any listings that are pinked out; if you have a pinked out listing and there is a matching item under the Unassociated inventory items list, you need to pair them up and that will make the "pinked out" go away.

Yeah, I saw that in the tutorial. But most of my "unassociated" items are gone cause I've been deleting them. So only 14 left out of the hundreds. So I can't do that. I tried and there is only a small handful of things in there to choose from. I'm wondering if I should rerezz my magic boxes and see if they show up again? And I've already been deleting the pink items. Some of the other direct ones too because I thought I could reupload one at a time. I didn't know I'd be on mp for hours on end deleting one by one with tons of errors trying over and over, then have to try to upload about 5 magic boxes worth of items, then hope it loads right this time. Or redo it. Ridiculous.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4421 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.