Need Some Clarity About DD & Boxes

TaraSimone Sixpence

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay. I did all the DD. I checked. I then deleted every single Box that came from my magic boxes. That should of course "break" the system or so I thought. I did not put them into folders. No ty on that one. Left them in boxes. 

Then I went to test delivery. No box in my inventory right? So it should not be delivered. Correct? Or so I was led to believe. No magic boxes either. BUT the system does deliver the boxes. It delivers them to my Recieved folders. Tested on a bunch of different things.

OKAY. Someone want to explain how this is working?

Random Sixpence wrote:

Okay. I did all the DD. I checked. I then deleted every single Box that came from my magic boxes. That should of course "break" the system or so I thought. I did not put them into folders. No ty on that one. Left them in boxes. 

Then I went to test delivery. No box in my inventory right? So it should not be delivered. Correct? Or so I was led to believe. No magic boxes either. BUT the system does deliver the boxes. It delivers them to my Recieved folders. Tested on a bunch of different things.

OKAY. Someone want to explain how this is working?

Howdy, Random

If you uploaded the boxes to the marketplace (not unpacked into folders) then that's what the marketplace will deliver regardless if they have been deleted from your inventory or not.  The way I understand it, the items you uploaded to the marketplace are not linked directly to your inventory, but stored in the marketplace servers.  This is why you are getting deliveries of boxes to your received items folder.  Unless I am not understanding your question.  

Random,

When you upload a folder or box to the Marketplace, it is copied into a private Inventory stash on the Marketplace (which I've been calling their "Escrow Inventory" but a few others have called their "Inventory Cache"). That's the only way they could ensure that a product was available for delivery without having to double check if it was in YOUR inventory everytime someone looked at your product listing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.