not able to connect to simulator

jonnie Wylie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

That message can usually mean any one of three things:

1. Your router needs to be reset.  Unplug it from the power for a few minutes while you go for coffee.  That will give it time to clear its RAM.  When you plug it back in, it will also get a firmer grasp on an IP address.  If that doesn't work....
  2. You have a DNS problem. Change your DNS settings from whatever your ISP assigns you as a default by adding Google's free public DNS servers. Here's how >>> http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/  If even that doesn't work, you have a real problem ....
  3. You were probably wearing a group tag with "illegal" characters when you logged out last time.  See https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-6608?  If you are a Premium member of SL, contact Live Chat and ask them to remove you from the group.  If you are not a Premium member, go in world as an alt or get a friend to go in world for you.  Find the group's owner and ask to be ejected from the group.  (Explain why, and strongly suggest that he change the group tag before other people get stuck too.)

ETA:  If you are wearing a bad group tag and you are the group's owner, you have a really big problem.  Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to let us know. Please do NOT start a new thread.

Along with the items Rolig mentioned, it could just be the simulator you are trying to get to is down.  RC servers are being updated and restarted today and I'm not sure the process is going very well.  My shop's sim has been down over an hour now.  First message I got this morning was unable to connect to simulator as well :(

Try logging into Pooley.  That got me online.  Now I'm sitting in the sim next to mine looking at a big hole in the grid!

--Cinn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.