'No Sculpt object selected' message in Blender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi - I hope you can help!  I am new to Blender but have managed to create and import a couple of sculpt maps (I'm very proud!).  However now everytime I try to bake an object a warning appears saying that no sculpt object is selected.

I select the object in Object Mode, then go to Edit Mode.  The UV/Image screen shows the vertices of the object but I am still unable to bake. 

I have tried creating a new image - again the vertices appear but unable to bake.

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?  I use Blender 2.62 and Primstar 2.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Thank you for your reply - unfortunately it seems to be happening on each new project.  I just don't understand what has changed since my successful attempts.....I'll keep trying!

Thanks again

Marniemay

There are some excelent tutorials for using Blender and the Primstar add ons.  See the links under the "tutorial" tab near the top of the page.  http://blog.machinimatrix.org/primstar-2/

Also, a good, active "blender primstar/jass" support group in-world.

My guess about your message is that suclpties are very fussy, the mesh neesd to have exactly the correct number of vertices or they cannot be baked into a sculptie.

Thanks for your replies.  Everything is now fine again - I have no idea why! I went back to basics and the problems seems to have cleared.  No stopping me now......

Thanks again from a happy builder!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.