policy changes

Kalama Aie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

First of Aloha and I hope everyone doing well,

1.  What happened to the information that was posted about the new policies for third party viewers?

2.  Why is it so hard to find when it directly affects the community?

3.  When can we be allowed to wear multiple tattoos again, like layering and stuff on our avi's?

I would really appreciate someone getting me that information about the viewers as it directly does affect me and I am a member of this community.  After the interview that was on wednesday I watch the video of it.  There are a lot of items that are very vague and that makes it difficult to understand what the purpose of the changes were.  So I want to learn about it and understand whats going on.  I get the bully thing that is not acceptable but well I just want to have some knowledge, please.

Thank you and Have a great day!

Kalama Aie

3 answers to this question

1.) It's still stickied at the top of the "Technology" - "Viewers" forum like it's always been. The reply forum posts should still be around but may have fallen off the first page of that forum section.

2.) See above.

3.) Whenever you like. Nothing in the changes has any effect on this. You may have been confused by references to "multiple attachments" which was a reference to an old viewer called Emerald that used different attachment points that wouldn't show up on other viewers. That viewer hasn't been used for a couple of years and the current multiple tattoo and clothing layering options now are completely standard.

The purpose of the changes was to make sure that things that everyone interacts with (especially things on the servers) would basically stay under the control of Linden Lab. They don't want things that users encounter out in the world to only be usable by people with third-party viewers. They don't care anything about internal mechanics of the various viewers that only effect people using them, and there are no features in current third party viewers that Linden Labs wants to remove other than "true online status."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.