Where and to whom can I report a Linden Land TOS violation?

achem Serenity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You would use the Inworld Abuse Reporting system. You should be able to select the item, and in the Edit menu under Manage, should be the option to Report Abuse.

I think the Abuse Report page can also be opened from the top tool bar under Help.

If the object is in Violation, it may take several days for it to be removed.

i am sorry for you but,

i don't think that is a TOS violation. if the land you buy/rent has NO covenants your neighbors can put what ever they want to up. most mainland has no covenants and if you live on an estate read your covenants, if there are any. try to talk to your landlord about this problem. LL doesn't take cae about your view.. and AR's are waist of time. better you move to another land.

good luck

If you believe the poster is in violation of the Terms of Service, then you can certainly submit an abuse report via the "help" button in world.  If the poster is advertising something, ugly, invasive, or been placed where it causes harrassment in some way, it is very likely that LL will send someone along to remove it.  However, as Knowl says, it does sometimes take from a few minutes to a few days for action to be taken after an AR is submitted.

I wish you luck.

You are correct. The Linden Home Regions have regulations that prohibit the activities you've described.

File an Inworld Abuse Report.

I will add a Link on how to do that.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

The Inworld Abuse Report is the appropriate process for this instance. We are all Residents here, and if you have an issue that you cannot find an answers for, Second Life Support is an option always open to you. (they might and probably will tell you to report the AR Inworld)

Support can be linked from the Help tab near the top of your screen.

Catherine Foulon wrote:

i am sorry for you but,

i don't think that is a TOS violation. if the land you buy/rent has NO covenants your neighbors can put what ever they want to up. most mainland has no covenants and if you live on an estate read your covenants, if there are any. try to talk to your landlord about this problem. LL doesn't take cae about your view.. and AR's are waist of time. better you move to another land.

good luck

See the Official Policy about advertising( http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_on_ad_farms_and_network_advertisers ):

In addition, advertisements must comply with these requirements:

• They must be grounded to the terrain, not floating.
  • They must extend no higher than 8 m from the ground.
  • They must contain no rotating or flashing content and no particles.
  • They must not dispense unsolicited IMs, note cards, landmarks or content.
  • They must emit no light sources or glow (full bright is acceptable).

In the Linden Homes area, that is definitely a TOS violation.  Like was stated before, you should be able to right-click and Abuse Report.  Make sure to get a good photo and send it with the report.  Doing it this way should automatically fill out the name of the violator.

On covenant-free mainland, things are a bit different.  Your usage of the word poster suggests an advertisement.  If that's what it is, then, as per the advertising rules (see Irene's post), it seems like it would still be a violation.

If it were on covenant-free mainland and not an advertisement, then it probably would not be a violation.  Ruining/blocking someone's view is not a TOS offense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.