Webprofiles, great marketing tool?

Madeliefste Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since some months I post pictures of my new releases in my profile feed. I worked nice for a while.. till it my profile got broke, almost two weeks ago. I just uploaded a new shapshot, and then checked my profile and I got this error message:

'We're sorry, but something went wrong
Please try again in a few minutes. If you continue to receive this
message please use the options under the viewer's "Help" menu or visit Second Life Support.'

I did as asked I contacted support. First live chat, ofcourse they could not help. They have never helped my so far, every single time I contacted live chat for a problem they told my to file a ticket. It was not different this time. I tried to solve it myself, by cleaning my cash, installing the latest version, but it did not help. I waited for a week or so, to see if my profile spontanious came back, but that did not happen either.

Few days ago I send in a ticket about it. The support person who answered my ticket gave me the next advise: uninstall all viewers you have on your computer, including LL's viewer. Clear all appdata.  Restart and download the latest SL viewer. After unstalling five viewers and a fresh start with the latest v3 version, the problem was not solved, but still there. 

Then this support person asked my permission to log in to SL on my account, what I found really strange, but I wanted to have the problem sold so I did give him permission. This did not solve anything either, except that he could tell me he was able to reproduce the problem.

His conclusion was that it is a bug, and that I need to file a jira to get my problem solved. A jira! We all know how long it can take before there is something done with a jira. Anyway, here it is: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4537

Webprofiles can function as a new marking tool, but don't rely on it too much, because one day your profile can just dissappear. There is no explination for it, and it's not an easy to solve issue for support.

Pamela Galli wrote:

In my experience,  "Make a JIRA" is the new "Make a ticket."

Exactly. They might as well be honest and say, "We don't have a clue what's wrong or how to fix it so, fill out a form that will make you feel like a little better because you've taken some action. Nothing will likely come of it but, thanks for playing along."

Also, I find the whole JIRA system to be about as easy as trying to parallel park a bus with no mirrors and all the windows painted over. It's FAR from user-friendly and there's no way the average person is going to wade through that maze just to have it sit in the system indefinitely with no action taken.

I guess this is the inheritance of M. Linden. Before he arrived the customer support was a lot better. When you contacted live chat and the first person could not solve the issue for you, he brought you in contact with a Linden, who had a look at the problem and in most cases could solve it as well. 

But then he arrived and outsourced the support. That was a complete disaster. I had tickets that took 8 months to get answered. Since then, for whatever issue I contacted live chat, they have never been able to help me, and in many cases you have to educate the support person first, before they even understand the nature of your problem. So live chat became a complete superfluous layer in support. Maybe they are able to answer newbie questions, but for the advanced resident they are of no help at all.

So now we only have tickets as possible problem solver. And it is really bad, when this service is devaluating as well.

I have always understood that the jira is not for individual cases, but for general issues that have impact on the grid or on the user experience. To me is seems my issue is an individual case, since I have not found any other people who experience the same issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4579 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.