I am trying to make a script for a fortune teller

orringatos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am new to scripting.. I want to make a fortune teller machine.. I want it to write a random answer once clicked BUT also to charge a small fee once clicked.. Like the classic Zoltar machines at real carnivals.. Could someone help me? I have been searching online for days! :-(

Any help would make me soooo happy!!

1 answer to this question

I suggest starting small and moving up.  It's great to have a project in mind as a goal, but you need to get a feel for the language and its logic before you can do much.  Work with several of the tutorials at https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial .  There are some good starter tutorials on line and others in world.  You'll also find basic classes in world at places like Builder's Brewery.  Then get yourself a pile of freebie scripts -- they are all over the place in world - and start taking them apart to see how they tick.  Modify the heck out of them until they are yours.  If you spend some time practicing, it will not be long before you'll look at the Zoltar project and say "Gee, I could do that in a half hour." [i'd write you one myself in less than that, but then you wouldn't learn and have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.  :smileywink: )

BTW, when you have written a script and need help smoothing out the bumpy parts, don't hesitate to post it in the LSL Scripting forum.  That's what we are there for.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.