Animation effecting my teleporter

Leander Tyles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, i got trouble with my teleporter and dont know how to fix it.

DEST = (<pos.x, pos.y + 12, 89>);                 // this takes me to my platform 89m up in the air

the problem is if i add a custom animation which means changing the sittarget

the teleporter or my avatar rather doesnt seem to reach the destination, im stuck slightly below the platform.

---------------------------

i could just change the z value until i successfully land on my platform, but i rather fix the problem than cheat,

its 89m up in the air so i shouldnt have to change it.

anybody got advise for me?

cant realy raise the seat,

the actual prim/teleporter is flat against the wall, it has the appearence\texture of a fake elevator.

i could raise the sittarget which i presume is the problem in the firstplace, but then my animation wouldnt look right

elevator_001.JPG

llSitTarget(<0.0, 0.0, 1.0>, ZERO_ROTATION);

using this line puts my avatar at the center of the prim, but since the prims a large rectangular door placed flat against the wall, it looks stupid...  im floating in the air feet not touching the ground

so thats why i had to add  a animation and change the sit target

now when i goto SIT it looks asif my avatar is walking towards the elevator, with my feet placed nicely on the floor.

but i got the problems i mentioned earlier

----------------------------------------------

i guess i have no choice but too change the z value to a height greater than expected, i was hoping for a better solution realy because if i ever move the platform then i have to calculate it all out again. 

Leander Tyles wrote:

cant realy raise the seat,
[...]

i guess i have no choice but too change the z value to a height greater than expected, i was hoping for a better solution realy because if i ever move the platform then i have to calculate it all out again. 

Sorry.  That's what I mean by "raise the seat."  It's not "cheating," to use the phrase from your original note.  It''s the solution. Your seat arrives too low for the platform.  You have been getting away with it until now because your old animation evidently had you stand up a bit higher than the new one. So, instead of aiming for 89m, try 90 or 91. 

i see,

i tried moving the object thier manually so i could see the problem with my own eyes since the warppos is so fast

and yes half of the teleport beam sticks thru the platform which is why im having my problems.

elevator_002.JPG

i will use your solution if thats the only way,

im wondering if changing the size/shape of the prim during transportation will help, maybe i can even change sit target then change it back when tp returns 

That's not really an issue because, for a given sittarget, it will be the same calculation every time: adding the same constant Z offset to compensate for that sittarget.  Now, if one wanted to be "more Catholic than the Pope," one could actually calculate what the sittarget effect is, instead of arriving at it by trial and error, which would have the advantage of being robust to any new sittarget that arises, but being precise with that approach is not nearly as simple as it sounds, given the complexities of how sittarget actually moves the avatar.

All this is assuming that the teleporter works by moving a prim on which the agent is seated.  If instead the script moved the agent herself, as if she were just another prim in the linkset, I don't think the sittarget should influence where the agent ends up.  (If the teleporter already does that, using llSetLinkPrimitiveParams*() to move the agent, then I'm confused.)

[EDIT: I see from the picture that it is moving a prim... and the llSLPP approach can only move to the limit of linkability anyway, where 89m may be more than 55m from the origin, so that probably wouldn't be what you want anyway.]

Leander Tyles wrote:

[...]

i will use your solution if thats the only way,

im wondering if changing the size/shape of the prim during transportation will help, maybe i can even change sit target then change it back when tp returns 

It's certainly the easiest way.  Why make the job any more complicated than it has to be?  I don't understand why you are resisting changing a number.

BTW, don't bother using WarpPos.  Not only was WarpPos superceded by PosJump a long time ago, both were made obsolete earlier this year.  They depended on a hack that LL has now largely invalidated, and we have a much better solution in the new function llSetRegionPos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4477 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.