Just Looking for friends :)

ariadenise Bellic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even the Linden gods are powerless against boredom. For new places, try the destination guide when you login and look for places that are active. What types of places interest you?

I thought you might find this quote appealing from Cecil Beaton:

Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.

*wink*

• 2 weeks later...

Even when I go to "clubs" and talk to people, all it is is randomly talking to people. I do what the "instructions" say about "making new friends" and it just does not work.

For the love of... you'd think more people were looking to actually make friends and hang out and maybe do stuff around here, with the number of threads dedicated to this very subject. Yet no one actively within SL ever takes an interest in anything but... watching themselves dance. Or strippers.

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like many people got very close-up or private now, then they were before, when SL was still new. Maybe it is just me, but meeting people and actually making friends, not having random chats, was much more easier then.

Then again, everything that was already said here about hobbies, common interests and places is a good way to start a conversation that might lead to a friendship.

Profiles make a big difference. DOn't be afraid to show who you are, it is much easier to find someone that would be of interest that way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.