new to second.. interested in started designing here

everhadlore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

howdy all

I would like to get into the fashion business in this game.. would anyone be kind enough to tell me where i can download like clothing templates and information about posting outfits and you convert lindens into dollars and that kind of stuff.  thanks very much

Everhad

i dont know much about fashion yet as i am still trying to get into classes on it. but i do know that the linden exchange is very low as around $10 will buy you 2500L so 1L is about a quarter or less. most clothing is sold for free to 100L and that isnt much but 3 dollers a unit. your best bet is just keeping the lindons. but your creation is yours. hope this helped in one area you are looking for.

Everhad, here is a link to the templates you would need to get started.

http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/72/40762/1.html

I suggest looking at a lot of youtube videos and playing aroudn with it. If the videos don't help try finding a class to attent. When you start, try making things you like, don't focus on what others "might buy" for your first projects. It gets too frustrating that way. Have fun with it!

You can get the clothing templates and links to tutorials here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Creation_Portal

On the converting your $L into real money you will need a verified PayPal account for LL to send the $ to after you've gone through the process credit discribed here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Account-balance/ta-p/700015

A word about the $L to $  exchanger rate.  The linden dollar consistantly hovers around 250 lindens to 1 USD.....it fluctuates a little bit so that is approximate.  That exchanger rate means that for each 10 linden dollars you convert to USD is $.04 (4 cents).  Keep that in mind when you decide on pricing your items for sale.........competition is stiff so you'll be working at a very small "profit" margin.  Second Life is not a get rich quick platform.  To make any real money at all requires a lot of dedication and hard work..........it's best to think of your creations in terms of how much fun and satisfaction you get for your work (the money needs to be secondary.......a few pennies to put in your pocket once in a while).  Patience and experience will pay off if you are serious about creating clothing but I'm sure a few here will attest to hard work required to cash out enough real money to visit Starbucks for a cup of coffee once a month or so.

everhadlore wrote:

howdy all

I would like to get into the fashion business in this game.. would anyone be kind enough to tell me where i can download like clothing templates and information about posting outfits and you convert lindens into dollars and that kind of stuff.  thanks very much

Everhad

I'm a small designer in SL and have been doing it for over 2 years. Running a business here is just as time consuming as working in real life. Most of us don't think  of SL as a game, but a serious business venture. Like a real company you need to set goals, such as learn the tools to make clothing for virtual avatars, such as Photoshop, Gimp. The tools change often, such as the introduction of mesh. Keep in mind that the talent bar in SL for fashion is *extremely* high.

There are investments into this business, like real businesses. Most of us blog our designs and run full marketing champaigns. I wish you luck on your journey.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.